Friday, September 01, 2006

'Casualty'...

I did that 'Casualty' job on Tuesday. At Henbury school near Bristol. A 12 hour stint through to half seven in the evening. Mid-way through I got a call from the Costumery guy on 'Afterlife', for this coming Monday. I'm scheduled to wear a suit on this one. He asked me what colour. Dark greyish. He said that was fine, then he got to the bit that he was really interested in. For the plot, he needed something bright to offset the suit and mentioned something about a lilac shirt. I thought.., "You must be **cking joking!" However, what I actually said was "Yes,I'll see what I can do..."

Actually,I'm going to do absolutely bugger all. I've got a lime green shirt that I bought from a charity shop. So that's what 'Afterlife' is going to get. I've also got some really loud ties, so one of them will do. There is an arithmetical issue here. That day is a 50 pound day. After the agent has had their commission its a 42.50 day. Take off the fuel costs of getting there and its a 35 pound day. For The last 'Afterlife' I did almost 2 months ago, and haven't received payment for yet, I bought a shirt in a charity shop which more or less made it a 31 pound day ....

So this time, fuck it, they 're offering peanuts, and they'll get what I've got.

Anyway, while I was on 'Casualty', I got into conversation with one of the other background people, and in doing so I mentioned... "What I could really do with right now is about a weeks work on a film or some lucrative work on a commercial..."

The next day, Wednesday, I was in a supermarket carpark just about to get into my car when the mobile went off... An agent offering work between 2 - 7 October on a film/drama in Bath. Minimum 3 days probably more. So I was pretty chuffed with that.

Just coincidence?

No comments: