Saturday, August 26, 2006

Agents... continued

Looks like my comments to that Bristol agent about not doing any more of their cut-price jobs..., may have had some effect. Any way, they phoned me up yesterday asking if I was interested in doing 'Casualty' next Tuesday. That'll make 3 agents that I've dealt with in doing work on 'Casualty'. The one that I did quite a bit of work through, S W Casting went bust a couple of months ago, Phoenix in Bristol who offered me this job, and another one Mad Dog Casting in Bath, an offshoot of one of those London body-shop agencies, thousands of people on the books. The first job I did for Mad Dog was last February. One day up in Warwick on the TV series Mayo. I accepted it because it got the Mad Dog registration fee out of the way. Freezing cold, wet Sunday, out of bed at 4.30 am. 120 mile drive to Warwick. Took ages to find the location. Did the job, drove home. By the time I'd paid for fuel, the agent took their registration fee, and commission..., I earned a tenner that day. 11 o'clock that night, I logged onto the forum of Casting Collective, another big London agent, made several succinct comments about agents, and shortly afterwards they banned me from the forum.

I do wish sometimes, that maybe if I had done some nice, respectable profession like accountancy.... Long ago, when I did programming, once a year I would go to see my accountant, park the Porsche up, and hop into the very respectable offices in Salisbury, Wilts. Like chalk and cheese, we'd talk about income tax, and corporation tax, and I'd ask, "How's business for you Brian, How is Salisbury just now?". And Brian would reply that retail was quite strong just now.

In a while, I'm going to review whether to continue with extra/background work. There isn't really much creative about it, and the last one I did, when I was doing the nodding my head, and moving my lips in apparent conversation., I mothed "Rhubard, rhubarb, shit , fuck, bollocks, Merlot, Beaujolais, what do you prefer". And suchlike..., the person, at the end of the take, who I was addressing this to ... "You're not taking this seriously , are you..?". Well, I was actually.., because my back was to the camera.

Any way, this Tuesday, up to Bristol for Casualty, on location somewhere. Another few jobs , and I'll maybe be able to do something about my car..; I'm getting a bit scared of driving it. Even Peugeot diesels die eventually.

No comments: